[Solution] Police Officer Attitudes
lease use a piece of research that uses one of the following populations to complete this assignment:
- A national crime survey
- A sampling of police officer attitudes on a given subject
- A sampling of those who are incarcerated, on probation, or otherwise involved as an offender in the criminal justice system
We will use this piece of research to consider the impact of sampling techniques on research conclusions. Your review of your research data should be 1-2 pages and include responses to the following:
- Briefly describe the research topic, question, rationale and conclusions to introduce the research you are reviewing.
- What sampling technique was used? Was it a probability or non-probability sample? What was the intended population for this research study?
- How did this sampling technique impact the study’s results? (It may help to carefully review the author’s discussion for limitations when available).
- Propose an alternative sampling method for this population, that might have improved the study’s design. Discuss the new sampling method and how it might improve the study or address the limitations found in the original research you have reviewed.