Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Minimum of 5 scholarly sources (This includes the sources from the annotated bibliography. Additional sources may be included as appropriate.)
InstructionsThe paper should include the following:
- Create 4-6 paragraph “dilemma” based on the controversial topic “Gun violence”
- Summarize the dilemma.
- Identify the key points of the dilemma.
- Define the key terms associated with the dilemma.
- Analyze the conflicts or controversies involved in the dilemma.
- Provide an original point of view relative to the dilemma and the issue it signals.
- Apply Kant’s Categorical Imperative to the dilemma.
- Apply one other method you have encountered in lecture material and the readings.
- State which of the two methods you selected you prefer and why.
- Use the 5 articles from your annotated bibliography. (Additional academic scholarly research from the past 5 years can be included as well.)
Note: Include a reference page at the end of your paper in APA format that includes your bibliography with the annotations removed and any other sources used in your final paper.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 8-10 pages (not including title page or references page)
Reference used for bibliography.
Davidson, O. G. (2008). Under fire: The NRA and the battle for gun control. Iowa City:University of Iowa Press. Database: eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
DeGrazia, D. (2014) Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal; Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1-25, 25p
Publisher: Johns Hopkins University Press., Database: Complementary Index
Lott, J. R. (2013). More guns, less crime: Understanding crime and gun control laws. University of Chicago Press.
Peters, J. A., Cook, P. J., & Ludwig, J. (2005). Gun Crime and Gun Control: The Hawaiian
Experience. U. Chi. Legal F., 55.
Spitzer, R. J. (1998). The Politics of Gun Control. Edition: 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: Chatham House Publishing. 1998. eBook., Database: eBook Collection (EBSCOhost).
ATTACHED IS THE WRITTEN BIBLIOGRAPHY.